Monday, June 01, 2009

Bio Spheres, ours and the planet.

As humans in the industrialized worlds, I think I can safely say that we are removed from our environment. We are removed from Nature's cycles and rhythm and we've forgotten that we're a part of the ecosystem, we are an animal within the earth's biosphere. All four worlds of grandmother earth; animal, plant, mineral, human, and the magical world we are made up of the same compounds of stardust.

So as the Earth is reeling from vagrant disregard and naked aggression from her earth children, why do we think we are not impacted by the changes of the earth internally as well? What has blinded us to the ancient memory "what is outside is within" and "as above and so below" 

Indigenous people have decided that the whites are crazy in many ways. We are so powerful technologically but we have forgotten who our mother is. We forget we have a place in the world as a participant not as a species that has power over.

I invite you to consider your life as its own biosphere. Are there hurricanes blowing in your relationships? Do you have a drought of compassion or even love? The world is experiencing the largest climatic changes in recorded history. I look at my life and see an incredible amount of chaos in the different arenas in my life.

I see our lives as atmospheres made up of emotional, physical, mental, spiritual and sexual energies that creates the environment that we can breath consciousness into this body made of carbon. A healthy biosphere of these energies in balance  is what we need to be a participant in our own cosmologies again. Awake, alert and aware with a new awareness. Spirit is the determiners of our lives or should I say it used to be. We have given that role to the mind and the ego and quite frankly they are not up to the task. We wouldn't get angry at a screwdriver that couldn't pound nails. Those are two different functions. The mind and ego were designed to keep our bodies alive in a very hostile world. React fast, be aggressive when need be, retreat when you have to. Stay alive at all costs. And they do that well. But Spirit was always meant to be the driver of our actions, call it what you will: humanistic values which has no spiritual basis, or a spirit focused life,  it doesn't matter. When you allow your heart to inform your actions good works will be done and its semantics to suggest there is a difference in intent. I think about the craziness it would be to tell a leaf on a rose bush that its not a rose because it can't bloom like the flower. They are a part of the same plant and share that existence but will live and experience life much differently from each other.

But as humans we do this all the time to each other. You are not as human because you are a terrorist on jihad. You are on worthy because you have a different god or you have no god. We make ourselves different and separate and then we reinforce our belief with TV and media to keep our illusions firmly in place. This is the devil we know. Living with spirit demands an acceptance of uncertainty, of trusting ourselves and our choices. Its about taking responsibility for our lives and understanding that we co-create our life. There are no victims here.

So to my logic, our personal biospheres while unique, are still connected to each other as an integral part of humanity as a species and of the larger system of our planet, we are organic entities same as everything else. What I do to you I do to myself. The atrocities in the world are happening to my family, I am losing brothers and sisters, mother, daughters and children, I weep for humanity as surely as I weep for the ice that is melting and the plants and animal species which are disappearing every minute. I find hope in the teens I meet in the Bereavement program. They are grieving yet they have hope for the future. I find hope in the changes that I do see, in the programs that are being produced and the information that is shared on the Internet.

I have a vision of a peaceful future but I think it will be bumpy. I think our generations will see changes that the many faces of humanity throughout our short time here have never seen. The Mayans thought so as well and they have placed the largest shift to be on Dec 21, 2012. What will change then I don't know. I don't think the world will stop, no of course not, not even close. But once the energies speed up shit will start hitting the proverbial or should I say a primordial fan since this is what the universes do. They have breathing in and out events in a cyclical nature that is beyond time, beyond our constructs of thinking. 2012 marks the convergence of the sun directly in the centre of the milky way directly in front of the earth. A happening that takes roughly 24,000 years in the making. The Mayans knew this from their detailed astronomy and record keeping. That it had happened before and will happen again is a matter of verifiable science. However what we do with this information will be uniquely modern. We are not Mayans and they obviously weren't that smart because they perished. I have a hope for the future that in our time we will be ready to embrace the new era of the 5th age and humanity will continue. I think we'll need all the help we can get.

I know I want to make healthy, peaceful changes now and I want to gain more balance and alignment in my life. I want to face the issues in my life that are creating drains on my energy. I want the people I care about to do the same. I don't think any of us can afford to be complacent about the world today. But we have an exciting opportunity to re-imagine who we are and our relationship to the earth. 

Who's in?   

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usuallʏ I do not learn article on blogs, hopwever I wish
to say that this write-up very compelled
mee to take a loo at and do so! Youuг ԝriting stylе has been amazed me.
Thanks, quite nice article.

Here is my site: lower down pain

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home